MICHIGAN’S STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY PROGRAM
KickStart is a broad based, innovative strength, flexibility & fundamental skills program developed for athletes in Michigan designed to help "kick start" the development in young athletes. It is a great program to improve physcial abilities for JO athletes of all ages and abilities. The age requirements are 6 years old to 13 years old and the overall cost for membership, testing, meets and training camp is much less than the renowned National TOPS Program.
Branch will offer an "Inivte Only" KickStart Group that will meet for 2 hours per week for 6 weeks during the summer to focus on the KickStart conditioning, flexibility and skills. This group will be scheduled during the week & will require additional fees. We will run the KickStart Group thoughout the summer and it will end after the first week of fall practice.KickStart PRACTICE
- Begins the week of July 6th
- Practice will be on Wednesday from 4pm - 6pm
- Every Wednesday from July 8th - August 6th there will be a KickStart Practice
- There will be one KickStart practice once fall schedule starts on Wednesday, August 19th - time TBD
- There are 3 testing dates throughout the summer, which we will offer the girls to attend if they would like. they ARE REQUIRED to attend the testing held at KSU on August 2nd.
- The testing dates include:
- Friday, July 24th at Infinity Gymnastics
- Sunday, August 2nd at KSU at 9:30am
- Sunday, August 23rd at Livonia Gymnasticcs at 9:30am
- KickStart Testing opportunities are $35.00 per testing, which will be due 2 weeks prior t each testing date.
- For the testing on July 24th, the $35.00 will be due on July 10th
- For the testing on August 2nd, the $35.00 will be due on July 24th
- For the testing on August 7th, the $35.00 will be due on August 7th
- Please let the coaches know if and which testing dates you are planning on attending by signing up on the sign up sheet which will be located at the front desk.
- If your athlete tests well enough, they are able to qualify to a training camp. This camp will be held September 10th-20th at Gym America, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- If they qualify to the camp, there will be an additional fee which will be due approximately 2 weeks prior to the camp.
- The girls also receive a free KickStart leotard if the qulaify to this camp!
- If an athlete is TOPS age eligible and has qualified to A or B National Camp, she
may not participate in the Kick Start program.
KICK START ADMINSTATIVE COMMITTEE
Chair: Claudia Kretschmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Jamie Hrycaj - email@example.com
Secretary: Stefanie Schmaltz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director: Ruth Miller – email@example.com